Letter of Consent (Dependant's Pass holders) - Before you apply
A Letter of Consent allows a Dependant's Pass holder to work in Singapore. To be eligible, the applicant must:
- be a Dependant of an Employment Pass holder
- secure a job offer with a Singapore employer
- have a Dependant's Pass that is valid for at least three months.
Things to take note
- The employer will need to apply for the Letter of Consent.
- The Dependant's Pass holder can only begin working after the employer has received the Letter of Consent.
- The Letter of Consent ceases to be valid:
How about dependants of S Pass Holders?
In order for dependants of S Pass holders to work in Singapore, they should apply for a Work Permit, S Pass or an Employment Pass. Each application would be assessed on its own merits.
Dependant's Pass holders who are successful in their Employment/S Pass applications are required to cancel the Dependant's Pass.
For Dependant's Pass holders who are successful in their Work Permit applications, the Work Permit's validity period will be tied to that of the S Pass holder's pass.
A Letter of Consent application form is required for an application.
Other Documents Required for Selected Professions
These additional documents are required for selected professions:
There is no administration fee charged for Letter of Consent applications submitted.