If you are a landlord who wishes to rent a room to a foreigner, you must exercise due diligence to ensure that the prospective tenant is in Singapore legitimately.
You should personally inspect the original Work Permit, Employment Pass or S Pass card by doing the following:
- Check that the photo matches the pass holder.
- Inspect the two holographic lenses - one should reflect the pass holder's image; the other should show the work pass number when tilted at an angle.
- Check that the pass card matches the design of the different types of passes.
- Check that the details on the pass match the information on the tenant’s original passport.
To check if the pass is valid:
- Check the date of expiry on the pass card.
- For a work pass, check with MOM or the employer.
- For an immigration pass, check with the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority.
Check the validity of EP or S Pass online
You can check if an Employment Pass or S Pass is valid using the EP Online validity check.
Check the validity of Work Permit
To check if a Work Permit is valid, you can:
- Check online using the WP Online validity check.
- Send us an SMS. For instructions, read the step-by-step guide.
- Call our interactive voice response system at 6438 5122. The service is available from 8am to 8pm (Monday to Friday) and 8am to 2pm (Saturday).