What is WorkPro
WorkPro is a scheme for both employers and workers, designed to augment local manpower, foster progressive workplaces and strengthen the Singaporean core in our workforce.
It was jointly developed by MOM and Workforce Development Agency (WDA), in consultation with tripartite partners Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF) and National Trades Union Congress (NTUC). Read the WorkPro press release.
The programme will run for 3 years from 1 April 2013 to 31 March 2016.
Who it is for
WorkPro is for both employers and employees.
You can get funding support for a wide range of assistance to implement work-life measures, redesign jobs and improve workplace practices. You can also get incentives for recruiting mature workers and back-to-work locals, or placing employees on flexible work arrangements.
Employees will benefit from the good work-life practices WorkPro helps put in place.
In addition, if you are a mature employee, economically inactive or out of work for 3 months or more, WorkPro can help you become more job-ready and employable. It is an encouraging way to return to work and stay on the job.
See what kind of funding support you can get under WorkPro as an employer or worker.
Who is eligible
To be eligible for WorkPro:
- Employers must be Singapore-registered or incorporated companies, societies or non-profit organisations.
- Employees recruited under WorkPro must be either Singapore citizens or permanent residents.
How to apply
SNEF and NTUC are the only official programme partners for WorkPro.
To apply, download the application form and approach SNEF and NTUC for more information:
Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF)
Hotline: 6290 7694
National Trades Union Congress (NTUC)
Hotline: 6213 8383
You can also visit the WDA's WorkPro page.
- You should only approach SNEF and NTUC for help with WorkPro.
- You can get free consultancy services and advice from SNEF and NTUC on applying for WorkPro.
- To be considered for funding under WorkPro, your company must apply directly and submit the application to SNEF or NTUC. Applications made by private consultants or external parties acting on an organisation's behalf will not be accepted.