regular textmedium textlarge text
Print This Page

Claims, Complaints and Appeals

Lodge a Claim

If you are an employee covered by the Employment Act and wish to lodge a claim against your employer, you can submit your claims online via Employment Standards Online (ESOL) for individual users. This service is intended for employees who have left employment and wish to recover salaries and other statutory payments such as overtime pay, public holiday and annual leave pay from their former employers.

If you are unsure and would like to seek further clarification, you may call MOM Contact Centre at 6438 5122 or book a 30-min appointment session to consult our Labour Relations Officer.

On the day of your appointment, please bring along the following documents:

    • NRIC / Work Permit / Employment Pass (where applicable).
    • Copies of employment contract, payslips, attendance records, letter of termination (if any) and other relevant documents related to the claim.
    • NETS FlashPay or EZ-Link card with a minimum balance of $3 (employee) / $20 (employer) for payment of Inquiry registration fee, if required. 

An Inquiry Session into a claim lodged under the Employment Act will be scheduled if the following conditions are met:

    • The employee concerned is covered by the Employment Act.
    • The claim is in respect of a matter which occurred within the period of one year before the date that the claim is lodged.
    • If the claim is for salary in lieu of notice, the claim must be lodged within six months from the date on which the employee has left employment.

Our advisory service on Employment Act is available from 8.30am to 5.30pm (Monday to Friday).

Please note that we only accept payment by NETS FlashPay or EZ-Link card.

* If you are unable to attend your appointment, you are required to log on to Appointment@MOM to reschedule or cancel your appointment. Customers who have missed their appointments repeatedly will be denied access to future appointments.


Lodge a Complaint

If you are an employee and wish to lodge a complaint against your employer, you can submit your complaints online via ESOL for individual users. All information provided will be kept confidential. This approach will not allow you to make a claim against your employer as your identity is kept anonymous.

We will assess the details received and contact the informant if there are sufficient grounds to look into the complaint.

Appeal against Unfair Dismissal

If an employee feels that his dismissal from employment is without just cause and wishes to seek redress, he may appeal to the Minister for Manpower in writing for reinstatement to his former employment, within one month from the date of dismissal.

We will assess the information received and contact the appellant to discuss the case if there are sufficient grounds to proceed with the appeal.

Last updated on 10 April 2015 07:45:01