regular textmedium textlarge text
Print This Page

Employment Related Services Provided by the Ministry of Manpower

The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) investigates claims and complaints on salary matters and other terms and conditions of employment of employees covered by the Employment Act. You can receive assistance in the following areas:

  1. Advisory Services on the Employment Act - Understand your rights and obligations under the Employment Act. You are encouraged to read up on our website, or find the answers to your questions in our extensive Q&A database.
  2. Make a claim against your employer – If you are an employee covered under the Employment Act and wish to lodge a claim against your employer, you can submit your claims online via Employment Standards Online (ESOL) for individual users.

    If you are unsure and would like to seek further clarification, you may call MOM Contact Centre at 6438 5122 or book a 30-min appointment session to discuss your employment claims with our Labour Relations Officer.

    Employees who have left employment and wish to recover salaries and other statutory payments such as overtime pay, public holiday and annual leave pay from their former employers can also use ESOL for individual users to file their claims.
  3. Make a complaint against your employer - If you are an employee and wish to lodge a complaint against your employer, you can submit the complaint online via ESOL for individual users. All information provided will be kept confidential.
  4. Appeal against unfair dismissal - If an employee feels that his dismissal from employment is without just cause and wishes to seek redress, he may appeal to the Minister for Manpower in writing for reinstatement to his former employment, within one month from the date of dismissal.
  5. Tripartite Mediation for PMEsProfessionals, Managers and Executives (PMEs) who earn a monthly basic salary of up to $4,500, employed in a non-unionised company and have joined any registered trade union as individual members (without full or limited representation rights) are eligible for tripartite mediation.

    Tripartite mediation process will cover three types of common employment disputes - (a) salary arrears, (b) payment of retrenchment benefits, and (c) breach of individual employment contracts. You may approach your trade union or federation (that the trade union is affiliated to) for more information and for assistance to submit your case to MOM for tripartite mediation. For more information, please click pdfHERE for 'A guide to Tripartite Mediation'.
Last updated on 10 April 2015 07:52:19