MOM implemented the Employment Agency Regulatory Framework on 1 April 2011 to raise the productivity of the workforce with an effective employment agency industry.
The objectives of the EA regulatory framework are to:
- Tighten enforcement against unlicensed and errant employment agencies.
- Raise professionalism and accountability of industry stakeholders.
- Ensure provisions and processes are relevant to today’s context.
- Offer flexibility to cater to different needs in the industry.
The benefits of the framework are as follows:
- Build confidence in the professionalism of the employment agency industry and legitimate employment agencies.
- Provide employers with greater transparency in the recruitment process.
- Keep out unlicensed players from the industry and hold all employment agency personnel accountable for their actions.
To find out more about the regulatory framework, see the following resources:
If you have further questions, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6438 5122.